- Who created this web site?
- Do they provide information on their background, experience, and credentials?
- Is the site maintained by a well-known or reputable organization (e.g. the American Psychological Association, American Cancer Society, etc)?
Objectivity and Reliability
- Is the coverage objective? If not, is the bias clearly stated?
- Is the site sponsored by a commercial organization? Is it trying to sell you something?
- Who is the intended audience? Is this site for scholarly purposes or just for fun?
- Are both sides of an issue or topic provided?
- What geographical area is covered?
- What time period is covered?
- Is this the original document or has it been edited or abridged in some way?
- Does the web site give a date when it was last updated?
- If so, has it been updated recently?
- Is some of the information clearly out of date?
- Are there many links that are broken and no longer connect to the resources listed? Broken links can be an indicator that a web site is not being updated regularly.